All Mixed Up at ccMixter

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Pre-Thanksgiving



I have hosted Thanksgiving dinner for my family for close to 20 years. My parents used to host Thanksgiving. Our home was open and filled mostly with friends -- their friends, our friends, friends of friends. Food was plentiful, as were various substances with which to imbibe. Music was always playing. People were always laughing. The house was warm, inviting and full of life. I hope I've maintained that tradition.

Many of our friends who regularly join us are unable to come this year due to illness or travel or other familiy commitments. That makes me rather sad. Even so, we will be at least 20 around the table.

This year's menu consists of:

  • Roast turkey
  • Tandoori style turkey breast
  • Simple stuffing with celery and onions
  • Stuffing with carrots, dried cranberries and pecans
  • Sweet potatoes (either roasted or sauteed with mustard seeds and warm spices)
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Sauteed Brussels sprouts with fennel, shallots and walnuts
  • Roasted beets
  • Roasted asparagus
  • Pureed cauliflower and carrots
  • Steamed green beans
  • Carrots (not sure yet how I will cook them)
  • Balsamic glazed squash with pine nuts
  • Port glazed onions
  • Green salad
  • Spinach Bhajee
  • Traditional pumpkin pie
  • Coconut pumpkin pie
  • Low-carb, gluten free pumpkin pie
  • Apple pie
  • Pecan pie
  • Pear pie with glazed ginger and figs
  • Chocolate chip pie
  • Mandel Brot


I think that's enough.

No comments: